Organ Concerto - May 20th, 19:00-19:30
Prof. Klemens Schnorr at the Marienorgel at the Freiburger Münster.
The four organs of Freiburg Münster were built in 1964/65. Main
instrument is the Marienorgel on the left of transept
(61 stops, 4 manuals and pedal), built as well as the Choir organ
by Rieger, Schwarzach / Austria. The Choir organ was changed in 1990
and translated from the left to the right side. The organ in the main
nave is built by Marcussen /Denmark, its organ case is inspired by the
original instrument made by Jörg Ebert from Ravensburg in 1545. The 16th
century sculptures of holy Mary (top) and the trumpet player (bottom)
are still conserved. The organ on S.Michael choir in the tower was built
by Freiburg organ builder Späth. All four organs with totally 136 stops
can be played at the central console in the choir.
© Freiburg Wirtschaft Touristik
und Messe GmbH & Co. KG
Foto: Karl-Heinz Raach
Welcome Reception - May 20th, 19:30-21:30
Location: Historical Merchant House (de), Münsterplatz.
To find the location have a look at the map.
Dinner at Feierling - May 21st, 20:00-22:00
The dinner will take place at Feierling (german only), Freiburg.
A picture gallery of the restaurant can be found here.
Social Event - May 22nd, 15:30
A stop over in Staufen with Black Forest Cake
Staufen is one of the most picturesque villages in the south of Baden,
situate amid magnificent vineyards. More than 1200 years of history,
Staufen offers peace and undisturbed tranquillity.
One of the most famous citizens of Staufen was Johann Georg Faust, the
legendary alchemist and magician that probably lived in Staufen about 500
Today the visitor can read on the wall of the Lions Inn: "... and it is told
that the most powerful of devils, Mephistopheles, the one he called
brother-in-law when he was still alive, broke his neck, after the pact had
expired after 24 years, thus handing over his poor soul to never ending
perdition" (in: The 16th century Chronicles of Zimmer).
A Banquet in Badenweiler at Hotel Römerbad
The History of Badenweiler began in Roman times. In 75AD vassals of
the Roman Emperor Vespasian discovered the healing springs, built in the
first baths and named the place Aquae Villae or "water town". The very
well preserved ruins of the Roman Baths are on of the most interesting
sights of the region. Warm Mediterranean air flows through the Belfort
Gap. The Black Forest in the north and east shields the resort from cold
winds and temperature fluctuations. Thanks to its situation at a height of
450m, Badenweiler offers splendid views over the Markgräferland and the
Rhine Plain as far as the French Vosges.